[AccessD] OT: How Microsoft Lost the API War

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 10:05:27 CST 2005

On 12/10/05, Shamil Salakhetdinov <shamil at users.mns.ru> wrote:
> Josh,
>
> They can't do what they did with VB6/VBA developers - have a look:

Shamil,

Sorry if I made it sound like I thought they were going to destroy
MFC. I've actually read many of the links you posted before and am
pretty confident about MFC staying around.

What I want is a method by which to program in native C++, but to be
able to take advantage of the Avalon and new MFC framework without
using .NET.

Maybe I'm just overly stubborn but I don't happen to like
framework-garbage-collectors and the various other things it "handles"
automatically for me, nor the fact that .NET is easily reverse
engineerable. If I'm going to be forced to use .NET, we may end up
developing soley for the *NIX platform, as GUI options are really
secondary in our apps to actual functioning.

Have they made any mention of being able to stay away from .NET in the
new OS, or is it pretty much a take-it or leave-it situation?

--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein