[AccessD] OT: How Microsoft Lost the API War

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sat Dec 10 13:16:29 CST 2005

Yes, Marty, I was a big ice hockey fan when young, very young :)
The first World Ice Hockey Championship I watched on TV was the one from
1967.

<+
Viktor Konovalenko stops Canada's attack. WC 1967
http://www.arunaweb.com/Soviet_Legend/view.asp?desc=Viktor%20Konovalenko%20stops%20Canada's%20attack.%20WC%201967&photo=gallery\z-konovalenko.jpg
->

I have somewhere paper notebooks where I did write down the ice hockey
matches scores and goals authors, with photos etc.

And the times you mention - as far as I can I remember  - Phil Esposito was
a great forward and how Canadians kept "fighting till the end" was unusual
for local ice hockey championships...

Here are some links on Legendary Soviet Ice Hockey:
http://www.arunaweb.com/Soviet_Legend/gallery.asp

<+
After 1972 Tretjak became Canada's fans idol
http://www.arunaweb.com/Soviet_Legend/view.asp?desc=After%201972%20Tretjak%20became%20Canada's%20fans%20idol&photo=gallery\tretyak-seria72.jpg
->

Vladislav Tretjak is in Russian Parliament now as far as I know...

And Vyatcheslav Fetisov who played for many years in NHL is now a Chief of
Russian Federal Agency of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism...

Shamil