[AccessD] Is this possible (X-posted)

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue Dec 13 14:24:23 CST 2005

I would suggest that you:
1. construct an abstract model of all the data you are willing to capture
and store;
2. find a beta customer in each of your top 10 potential locales (this based
presumably on population, but perhaps not);
3. show each beta customer your model and await feedback;
4. redesign your model based on feedback.
As Shamil has pointed out, you can certainly do this as a web service, and
such an approach provides the additional benefit of abstracting the location
of the data. (I.e. you could host it yourself or contract an ISP to host it
for you.)
As Shamil also pointed out, various aspects of the project are decidedly
unclear.... your intended market, their ability and willingness to pay, your
ability and willingness to customize the app for a given customer, and so
on. This stuff needs some clarity before you design the actual model that
you would sell, IMO.
A.