[AccessD] OT : External Drives x posted

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Dec 15 00:02:42 CST 2005

Sounds cool. I have a couple of SOHOs do something similar.

Last server/network backup system I put in was for a small busines. We used
an external Iomega Rev drive 35/90GB with firewire connection and Dantz
Retrospect. Those disks are just removable hard drives and only about 4
inches square. IIRC they have a 5 disk rotation. I scripted the whole backup
process so they put the disk in every day and take the finished one offsite.
It emails them every morning as to the results of the backup. (Actually
works as a reminder to have them change disks.) Works sweet. Parts/software
cost approx. $500.