[AccessD] OT : External Drives x posted

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Dec 15 01:07:46 CST 2005

I saved one of clients big time with one. I had just started consulting
there. Hadn't even done a complete review wo the place yet. (From what I had
gone through, it was a mess.) They have a couple of Access apps they use and
one was giving them fits with images. They asked me to take it along and see
if I could correct it. So I did and of course copied their backend database
so I could use the real thing. Two weeks later the backend had become
corrupted and they could not (nor could I or any of you - I asked :o)
recover the data.

I asked them for their backup tapes and to our wonderful surprise found that
not a single backup had worked properly in the last 11 months. (Believe it
or not I still have to get on them abut preventative security measures.)
Anyway they were looking at a major disaster and after a few hours I
remembered I had it on my USB pocket drive. Only two weeks out of date
compared to 11 months. You think they would have bought me a coke or
something special like that!

:o)