[AccessD] Access 2002 -- can't delete forms

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Thu Dec 15 20:09:32 CST 2005

This usually occurs when the module is corrupt.  Try going into the module
behind the form.  If you can't then the module is corrupt and AFAIK you have
to build a new database and pull all the non-corrupted objects into that.

http://folding.stanford.edu/
-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Barbara Ryan
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:40 PM
To: Access List
Subject: [AccessD] Access 2002 -- can't delete forms

I just discovered 5 forms in my "Microsoft Access Class Objects" window,
each named "Form_~TMPCLP" + a 6 digit number (e.g., "Form_~TMPCLP158811").
They do not appear in the Forms window.  All of them appear to be copies of
forms in my database.  The modified date on the original forms are identical
(11/19/05).  I'm wondering if the clones were all generated on that date.

I can't seem to delete them --- I even wrote code to delete, but without
success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Barb Ryan