[AccessD] OT: Memory Lane. IBM Key Punch

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 30 09:17:01 CST 2005

Gustav,

<<I have only "tasted" LISP. All I remember is a feeling of the wonderful
different syntax.
Has anyone here learned and used it?>>

  Haven't myself, but I know someone that uses it quite a bit.  Up until a
few years ago, it was widely used as the control language for Auto CAD.  The
military was big into LISP at one time. Not sure if they still are.

  I heard it was off the beaten path, but never had the chance to try it
out.

  I just took C++ for a spin; man is it ugly.  I'm sure I don't appreciate
some of the finer points it offers yet, but so far, I don't like it.  I hate
having to work that hard to write a program.  The case sensitivity drives me
absolutely nuts and I still haven't figured out any justification for having
it other then to make your life miserable.

Jim.