[AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Mon Feb 21 10:33:31 CST 2005

Sorry for the delayed response.

1:  Anything and everything having to do with maintaining a company's
computer system.

2:  I used to be a mechanic! ;)  But my real job title is the IS/IT
developer and DBA.  Our network administrator quit at the beginning of the
year, so I have been handling all IS/IT aspects.

3:  Work for a company...and independant. (My independant stuff is ASP/VB
(6.0) and Access.  Mainly a combination of the three (ASP websites, using
Access as a BE (sometimes SQL Server), with a VB business rule system)).
The company I work for has about 250+ employees, and actually, we are now a
subsidiary of a larger public company called II-VI.

4:  No certifications.  Would they help?  Not really.  By the time you study
and pass a cert, the technology changes.  There is no way to certify whether
you have the capacity to learn new things. Certs only show you know how to
take a test.

Drew