[AccessD] Calling ADO without having to roll out five hundred newmdbs

Thu Jan 20 10:34:31 CST 2005

That may be so, but you can get other screwy effects if some newer
references are used.

e.g. If you have an app. that references Outlook 97 and the user has Outlook
98 or 2000+ installed, then any reports in the database will give problems.
Specifically, if you have a textbox on a report with a data source like
this...

="Printed " & Format(Now(),"ddd mmm-d"", ""yyyy h:nn am/pm")

then this works fine for users with Outlook 97, but those with a later
version of Outlook will see nothing at all in the textbox. Instead you will
need two textboxes, one with

="Printed " as a data source, and the other with Now() and the format
property of the second textbox will need to be set to ddd", "mmm dd", "yyyy
hh:nn

Note that there is no sign of any runtime error in this situation. The
textbox is simply not filled.

Lambert