[AccessD] strip the apostrophe's

Julie Reardon-Taylor prosoft6 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:23:25 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm using a sql statement behind a search box to return the member's name as
a result of a search with the data being displayed by the user choosing a
query (button) or a report (button).  All was well until I ran into the data
below:

Joe's Electrical

My sql statement errors out because it cannot handle the extra apostrophe.
Should I be stripping any extra syntax before I process the sql statement,
or should I test for this condition and handle this in a separate routine?

Julie Reardon-Taylor
PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.
44 Public Square Suite #5
Watertown, NY 13601