[AccessD] strip the apostrophe's

Robin Robin at rolledgold.net
Thu Jul 28 10:25:53 CDT 2005

Julie,
Have a look at this
http://www.kamath.com/codelibrary/cl003_apostrophe.asp
Rgds
Robin Lawrence

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Julie Reardon-Taylor [mailto:prosoft6 at hotmail.com]
	Sent: Thu 28/07/2005 16:23
	To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
	Subject: [AccessD] strip the apostrophe's

	Hi,

	I'm using a sql statement behind a search box to return the member's name as
	a result of a search with the data being displayed by the user choosing a
	query (button) or a report (button).  All was well until I ran into the data
	below:

	Joe's Electrical

	My sql statement errors out because it cannot handle the extra apostrophe.
	Should I be stripping any extra syntax before I process the sql statement,
	or should I test for this condition and handle this in a separate routine?

	Julie Reardon-Taylor
	PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.
	44 Public Square Suite #5
	Watertown, NY 13601