[AccessD] OT Lost shares

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 7 02:47:12 CDT 2005

OT: I know this is completely off topic but I remember seeing something a
while back but just can not re-find it and will need the information
tomorrow.

Hi All:

Does anyone know why all the shares are lost from a station when the
computer name is changed? Reconnecting the local shares has to be done by
entering the UNC for each computer and printer and the local network no
longer shows up in the file explorer display. (The network being worked on
is an old Win98 one.)

Any help in this area would be much appreciated.

Jim