[AccessD] Multilingual Access

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 13 01:56:04 CDT 2005

Rocky just went through that maybe he can supply the gory details.

Some sites that might help

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/language/default.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/language/localized.mspx

You might also want to read your way through this MS Globalization site

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev
and Dr. International's Faq's
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/drintl/

Maybe this Russian(Moscow Access User Group) developed Access Translator
might help with Captions and Controls. Translator collects text information
from Access Forms, Reports and Command bars and its controls - labels,
textboxes, etc. Then developer translates collected text to other
languages, and at last Translator writes translated text back to Access
controls. Demo version available. Michael Kaplan gives it a thumbs up.
Although not sure if it handles Bidi langauges like arabic and hebrew.
Or chinese which might require an IME

http://c85.cemi.rssi.ru/access/Downloads/Trans/Trans.asp

--
Marty Connelly