[AccessD] VBExpress videos

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Jul 22 11:04:11 CDT 2005

>VBExpress is supposed to be the answer to the cry, "why can't you make it
easier for non-developers to use?"  To me that is utter nonsense, since no
one but a developer can make effective use of it anyhow! <grumble>

LOL, I agree.  What it does is lower the cost threshold for getting in to
.net.  .NET no matter how you slice it, is a huge, complex, very powerful
object model with massive ability and massive learning curve.

As a learning tool I am trying to move a simple 3 class set of data objects
to .net and it has taken all of yesterday and all of today to get just to
the point where I can start testing it.  I fully expect another couple of
days just to get them functioning.  And this for three simple classes that
already worked using ado in VBA.   Of course I am pretty much starting from
ground zero in terms of .net knowledge.  I have studied the books
intermittently over the last year but never really kept at it.

http://folding.stanford.edu/