[AccessD] Embedding a WAV file

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Wed Mar 2 13:22:54 CST 2005

Is it possible to store it in a table, test if the file exists, and if not
create it? Of course I do this routinely with bat and other text files but I
don't know if it can be done with a wav file.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software [mailto:bchacc at san.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:46 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Embedding a WAV file

Believe it or not, we've had a problem with some people doing this.  It
would be the 90% solution.  But it just seems to me that if I can use this:

Declare Function sndPlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" _
    (ByVal IpszName As String, ByVal hModule As Long, _
    ByVal dwFLags As Long) As Long

to play an external file there should be some way to use it to play an
embedded file.  But I can't figure out how.

Rocky