[AccessD] Date function for adding year based on current month and year

connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au
Tue Mar 15 20:58:41 CST 2005

Thanks Stuart,

I checked with them and that was acceptable (isn't it funny how
requirements change when you explain them). Thanks again for the help

Connie

Analyst/Programmer
Information Technology
NSW Department of Primary Industries
Orange

On 16 Mar 2005 at 11:34, connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.go wrote:

> I have a form with a start and an End date on it. I need to restrict the
> end date in the following way.
>
> End Date -- should only accept the following 30th June except where start

> date is in May (and then it should only accept the second 30th June from
> the start date).
>
> Any suggestions appreciated including telling me where to RTFM.

Why have them enter an End Date at all.

Just calculate  it in the Form.Before_Update

EndYear = year(startdate)
If Month(startdate) >4  then EndYear = EndYear + 1
EndDate = DateSerial(EndYear,6,30)

--
Stuart

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or
received it in error, please delete the message and notify sender. Views
expressed are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the
views of their organisation.