[AccessD] 2003 "permissions" - the other part

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 18 01:12:22 CST 2005

1 the database could be corrupt,
2 or  this implies that there is an mdw file and you don't have
permission to use something.
3 Right-click the mdb  file and mdw file if there is one in the Windows
Explorer.
    Is it read-only?
   Is there a security warning that the file is blocked, with an
unblock  button?
4 Did you use an  mdw file originally ie When you open the database, do
you enter a username and password?
   if so you may have to point to the original mdw rather than the new
one established by Access 2003
You can build a shortcut to the mdb  to use that particular
mdw file as well. The target for the shortcut would be something like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSACCESS.EXE"
    "C:\MyFolder\MyFile.mdb" /wrkgrp "C:\MyFolder\system.mdw"

It could be a folder permision problem but unlikely if you truely
installed to an admin account

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.