[AccessD] Access & Terminal Services

Marcel Vreuls vrm at tim-cms.com
Wed Mar 23 09:24:10 CST 2005

Andy,

This could work. You have some configuration to do at home and in the
office.

On the TS you have to create a printer as \\ipadreshome\printername
Then at home (and perhaps the company firewall as well) you have to open the
firewall for incoming printbatches and route it to correct PC with shared
printer.

This needs some testing and setting up but it works, slowly but works. You
could get problems with
-timeouts. I have a batch file which pings the remote printer every 10
minutes to keep the session alive
-disconnected printers because the internet is down or remote computer is
rebooted.

Take the time to test and configure. I costed me about 1 day to set one
printer up.

Kind regards

Marcel Vreuls