[AccessD] Status form

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri May 13 09:36:06 CDT 2005

I am trying to set up a status form that allows displaying a message but
doesn't hand the system, i.e. replace the msgbox.  I am using Carl Tribbles'
excellent TS_frmProgress meter, but I want to allow appending messages to
the displayed message.  IOW, display recX printed, RecY printed etc.
consecutively as things happen so that the text box ends up with a list of
everything that has been displayed so far.

In order to do this I replaced the label which Carl had used to display the
message with a text box but that causes several issues.  I now have to use
the following code:

    Me.txtMainMessage.SetFocus
    Me.txtMainMessage.SelStart = Len(Me.txtMainMessage.Value)

to cause the last part of the data to be displayed as I write a new line
out.  This code causes ugly flashing and stuff.

My question then is - is there any way to display a growing list of text,
such that the display only shows the last visible lines, without ugly
flashing and stuff?

http://folding.stanford.edu/