[AccessD] Programming

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon May 16 11:46:01 CDT 2005

Hi Rocky

It certainly can.
Read up my previous post (2005-05-13 17:43) with the links about
temporal databases.
A temporal database is - per definition - its own audit trail. By
default it is anonymous but you may add whatever additional info you may
need, like the ID of the operator/user.

/gustav

>>> bchacc at san.rr.com 05/16 3:51 pm >>>
Is it really denormalization of the data base to store actual pay rate

because you could regard the pay rate as historically unique to each
record
even though many of them will be duplicated?

I suppose you could set up a pay rate table with start and end date and
rate
so that you could calculate historical pay based on hours, date of work
and
the appropriate date ranged pay record.

Can an audit trail table ever be truly normalized and still retain it's

purpose of an historical record of what happened?

Rocky