[AccessD] OT: Roaming Profiles in Server 2000

Julie Reardon-Taylor prosoft6 at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 08:43:10 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm thinking about creating roaming profiles for my users and have found a
little bit of documentation on the subject, but wondered if someone could
answer a few questions.

When you set the user to logon to a directory on the server and include a
path to their home directory, I am under the impression that their "My
Documents" folder on C is automatically re-directed to their home directory
on the server.  I dont' see how this is possible.  Wouldn't I have to change
the default File Save path in the Word and Excel applications to make sure
that they default to the users folder on the server?

If I am using Outlook without Exchange server, is their e-mail automatically
being downloaded to the server instead of their individual hard drives, and
is part of their user profie?

Julie Reardon-Taylor
PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.
44 Public Square Suite #5