[AccessD] Lots of Text in a Form

David Mcafee dmcafee at pacbell.net
Mon May 23 12:22:54 CDT 2005

If you could estimate the number of characters per
line, then you could adjust you text box height
accordingly in teh form load or form current (if
continuous) event.

Assuming, you can fit 50 chars per line, you could do
something like:

Select Case Len(me.txtMyText)
     Case < 51 '1 row hieght
         me.txtMyText.Height = 0.1667 * 1440
     Case <101 '2 row height
         me.txtMyText.Height = 0.1667 * 2 * 1440
     Case <201 '4 row height
         me.txtMyText.Height = 0.1667 * 4 * 1440
     Case <301 '6 row height
         me.txtMyText.Height = 0.1667 * 6 * 1440
     Case Else
End Select

You, of course, would use values rather than math
problems as teh actual height, but I showed this way,
because its much easier (for me) to understand hieght
by rows.

HTH
David McAfee

--- Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software