[AccessD] Access 97 compact & repair causing report error

O'Connor, Patricia (OTDA) Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
Mon Nov 21 13:59:47 CST 2005

I compacted an Access 97 database back end late last month and it seemed
to work fine.  Then today the person responsible for updating the Db did
so.  When he went to run the reports all worked fine except one. This
one report kept getting the 3071 error "THIS EXPRESSION TYPED
INCORRECTLY......

So I tried running the report with my test DB no problem. When I linked
to the production backend poof problem arose. So I tried making a new
database and copied the tables - no good. SO then I took my test db
cleared the existing table and appended the data from the production
table.  Worked fine. Appended all the table, then copied entire database
as the production name. Worked FINE.

I then tried to compact the new production backend database and tried
running the report - AGAIN NO GOOD.
Recopied the appended database and everything is fine again.

I have two compact options in my drop down screen ACCESS 97 COMPACT and
ACCESS 2000 Compact. This has worked fine for the past 3-4 years. Does
anyone know why this would start messing up compact. OR let me know the
correct name of the Access97 compact/repair executable. One other thing
I just had my work computer window updated to XP last month It has taken
me most of the day to fix this and I can't compact the revised databases
and they do kinda need it

Thanks - losing my mind again
Patti
*Patricia O'Connor
*Associate Computer Programmer Analyst
*OTDA - BDMA
*(W) mailto:Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
*(w) mailto:aa1160 at otda.state.ny.us
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.