[AccessD] A2K3 ADP

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Fri Nov 18 10:54:53 CST 2005

Not really, since Microsoft is not going to continue support of
ADPs.  All those using them will have to re-tool their applications.

I have some massive MDBs that connect only to SLQ Server, using
ODBC.  I was going to rewrite them to ADPs, but when I heard they
were not going to be supported, I stopped.  I am rewriting them in
.Net instead.

And, stored procs work fine using ODBC, just use a pass through
query.  Normally, I have one without the parameters (_0) that I use
to build the one with the parameters (_1).  And I simply change the
SQL statement in code for the _1 query.  If you are worried about the
connection string, simply replace it through code also.

Robert