[AccessD] Access To HTML To PDF II

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 28 16:47:53 CST 2005

I haven't got the ADOBE SDK that runs with the full version of ADOBE AcroBAT
this includes the api code. It costs an extra $99. Obtain from
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/acrobat/devcenter.html

You can view for free any documentation without the padlock icon

Maybe with something like this. You can do what you are looking for
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/javascript/VBJavaScript.pdf

But with the SDK  you can fill PDF form fields from Access with
something like
Sub simpleactpdf()
Dim oTK As Object
Dim r As Long
Dim sInputFile As String
    sInputFile = "C:\Access files\PDF Forms\sample.pdf"
Set oTK = CreateObject("APToolkit.Object")
oTK.OpenOutputFile ("C:\Access files\PDF Forms\myoutsample.pdf")
'If numberOfCharacters <= templateOneMax Then
r = oTK.OpenInputFile(sInputFile)
r = oTK.SetFormFieldData("First_Name", "Wierddata", 0)
r = oTK.CopyForm(0, 0)
oTK.CloseOutputFile

End Sub

Also  there is a VB/Forms API that allows button creation
if you dont have the SDK, you might find something here in the forums

http://www.planetpdf.com/

I have only messed around with bookmarks
and opening pdf's from access at a specific bookmark

Sub RunAdobe()
'for options see
' http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/sdk/public/docs/PDFOpenParams.pdf
Dim intRet As Integer
Dim intPage As Integer
Dim strPDF As String
Dim strCommandLine As String
   intPage = 1
   strPDF = """C:\records management\aircanadacasestudy.pdf"""
  ' strPDF = """C:\Documents and Settings\marty\My Documents\My
Pictures\VS.tif"""
  ' Adobe will also open a tiff image

   strCommandLine = """C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat
6.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe""" & _
     " /A " & "page=" & intPage & "&zoom=50,250,100 " & strPDF

    Debug.Print strCommandLine
   intRet = Shell(strCommandLine, vbMaximizedFocus)

End Sub