[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 1 00:09:34 CDT 2005

Wow, the old one two tag-team assault... I was hoping they would provide
statistics and demonstrations of inadequacies, how it is a poor performer,
how difficult the product is to manage or how it took three times as long to
resolve a data request. I read none of that just a rant on the evils of
Caché. I would expect better from a couple of fellows who are considered the
head Gurus of the database world. (What is the old saying; Spiritual people
enlighten but Religious people are just scary.)

Caché might not be a product worth considering but I guess I will have to
judge on it merits.

Have you ever looked at a database product named ANTS. Here is one article
on the product: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/27/ants_database/ and a
fully operational evaluation copy of the database can be acquired from:
http://www.ants.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&Itemid=59&id=442

My understanding is that like Access it consumes all of the existing memory,
the more the merrier. The difference Access just bleeds into all the memory.
:-)