[AccessD] My new web site

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Oct 2 23:10:50 CDT 2005

Borge,

>Your C2DbFW3G framework is that a full working example of your framework? I
read with interest you reply to Joe the other day about sysVars and their
use, and got the impression that you were making reference to a fully
working example of your Framework - so is that the one I need to have a
closer look at?

The C2DbFW3G stuff on my site is basically a series of "lectures" I wrote
for the list a year or more ago.  It is NOT the full on framework that I
use.  It is in fact the basis that I started from, and which I have added to
over the months since.  What I was saying in the email to Joe is how my
current framework loads my various SysVars tables, and is just intended as
an explanation of what is possible and how they might be used.

If there is interest in the framework, the lectures etc., a forum on my site
will be available to discuss them.  Of course, you have to be able to log
in...

>Thanks for taking the time to explain what I should be looking for... After
logging in, your website serves me the same home page as before logging in,
I have tried a refresh page immediately after logging in .... no new items,
sorry

I just logged in (using FireFox) with your username and password and the
menu does change.

The menu looks like:

   Résumé
   Contacts
   Example Code
   Favorite Links
   Forums
   Feedback

(cut and pasted from the text in the menubar)

This is not good that you do not see the expanded menu.

I also logged in using IE6X and likewise the menubar does change.

I don't have any idea why you can't see a different menu.  I will put out a
message asking other AccessD members to try logging in and reporting on
whether the menu changes or not.

http://folding.stanford.edu/

Thanks for taking the time to explain what I should be looking for... After
logging in, your website serves me the same home page as before logging in,
I have tried a refresh page immediately after logging in .... no new items,
sorry

Your C2DbFW3G framework is that a full working example of your framework? I
read with interest you reply to Joe the other day about sysVars and their
use, and got the impression that you were making reference to a fully
working example of your Framework - so is that the one I need to have a
closer look at?

fyi I registered as username: borge and password: blueeyes
When logging in, your system accepts both without a blink - and behaves as
expected if I enter wrong password....

Why can't I see what supposedly everyone else can see?

borge