[AccessD] Cross-posted to AccessD

connie.kamrowski at dpi.nsw.gov.au connie.kamrowski at dpi.nsw.gov.au
Thu Oct 13 18:24:12 CDT 2005

Nice article, Arthur.  What doesn't get addressed, though, is the
investment most of us have in VBA as a programming language.  Switching
to C++ or Java to work with Eclipse isn't quite as easy as switching to
VB.Net for those of us who haven't plumbed the depths of C/C++ or Java
already.  I can read the code, but I would go nuts writing it because
the punctuation drives me wild!

Charlotte Foust

Charlotte,

It is no easier the other way, I am a Java Programmer and I was thrust into
Access (hence why this list is my favourite thing LOL).

Sometimes I spend time looking for a problem only to find I have written in
Java syntax.

Frustrating! We are it seems influenced pretty heavily by whatever we learn
first.

Connie Kamrowski

Analyst/Programmer
Information Technology
NSW Department of Primary Industries
Orange NSW
Australia

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or received
it in error, please delete the message and notify sender. Views expressed
are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the views of
their organisation.