[AccessD] OT: Purchase Order System Question

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Sep 20 10:53:30 CDT 2005

Hi Doris!

Don't print at all!  Have your system automatically send an email to each
person with the subject line, "Purchase Order XX Ready For Review".  Now
each person can go into the database, read the info and take action, or
print the report if they must.

The color system of multi-part forms was done to ensure that everyone did
get the information they needed.  They really didn't need the paper - they
just need the information.  If someone had simply copied the original form
and then made sure that each person got what they needed, that would have
worked too, but the colored multi-part form is a more certain way.

Or, if they absolutely have to have a copy sent to them, you can send an
email with a snapshot formatted copy of the purchase order report attached.
(Look up SendObject in Help.)  If the receivers don't have Access, they can
download a free viewer from MS.

Best of Luck!
Dan Waters