[AccessD] OT: Purchase Order System Question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Sep 20 16:43:03 CDT 2005

On 20 Sep 2005 at 10:47, Mike & Doris Manning wrote:

> The only thing I can think of is to print the PO four times and have each
> print state the "Distribute To" info somewhere on the printout.  I was just
> wondering if anyone had a better solution.

I have one client that I built a PO system for which has done away with
paper completely.  It  uses emails to send the orders and  to keep everyone
informed of the status of orders.  (But there is an option to print out a
single suppliers hard copy of the order if necessary).

I have another client who still needed the paper trail but who wanted to
just print the orders on a plain paper printer.

For them I have a table (tblPOCopies) with a single text field (CopyNumber)
and four rows:
"1.White - Original to Supplier", "2,Pink - File Copy" etc.  I include this
table in the Purchase Order query (no join conditions so you get a
Cartesian product).

I group the order report by OrderNumber, CopyNumber and have the CopyNumber
footer throw a pagebreak after the section. .  Then I put the CopyNumber
field in the pagefooter.  Voila - four copies, each with a different
different page footer containing the distribution info.

--
Stuart