[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Thu Sep 29 15:34:53 CDT 2005

WOW as soon as I put in my 2 cents a lively discussion ground to a halt. I'm
afraid to ask what that means.....
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Hale, Jim [mailto:Jim.Hale at fleetpride.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:22 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Wizards are great. I've learned alot from them. Same with the query grid
which I think is one of the great MS inventions.  Not everything can be
anticipated in advance, however. For this reason I like VBA because it gave
a non IT person like me the ability to great some powerful stuff. I really
liked the Excel macro recorder which gave me my first understanding of
syntax. What I am worried about is what will be the next step up  for power
users from wizards in the new paradigm? If it is .Net there is truly a
plexiglass ceiling that will be hard for users like me to break through.
I've reached the point where I have created some classes in VBA but it is
not second nature by any means. So .net sounds like more than I want to
strap on. It appears my lucrative little niche of financial guy that can
create apps is going away. Oh well. Time for me to retire to my hidie-hole
in Costa Rica while the world goes to hell. As long as Tx holdem is still
around I guess I'll be okay.
Jim Hale