[AccessD] Strange Access Behavior

ewaldt at gdls.com ewaldt at gdls.com
Mon Apr 24 07:42:16 CDT 2006

Thanks. I got out of it in frustration, and it did, indeed, work when I
brought it back up. Now I just wonder why it does that.

Thomas F. Ewald
FCS Database Manager
General Dynamics Land Systems
(586) 276-1256

             "Gary Kjos"
             <garykjos at gmail.c
                                       "Access Developers discussion and
             04/24/2006 08:39          problem solving"
             AM                        <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       ewaldt at gdls.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [AccessD] Strange Access
                                       Behavior

I've have had similar weirdness like this happen although I haven't
used the autoform or new object thingies. Closing and restarting
Access is my usual procedure when I encounter unexplained oddities
like that. If I really want to be sure it's not something lurking I
reboot. Then if it still happens I go digging more. The restarts
usually fix me up though. If nothing else it gives me a couple minutes
to reboot my brain too.

GK

On 4/24/06, ewaldt at gdls.com <ewaldt at gdls.com> wrote:
> All right...more confusion. We all know that Access saves data
> automatically. Now, however, it also saves object changes automatically.
> That is, I make a change to a table in design view, then close design
view.
> Access has always asked me if I wanted to save my changes. It does not do
> that now; it automatically saves the changes. I don't see anywhere that I
> could have set this as an option; has anyone else experienced this? Any
> suggestions as to how to get out of it?
>
> TIA.
>
> Thomas F. Ewald
> FCS Database Manager
> General Dynamics Land Systems
> (586) 276-1256
>

>             Thomas F
>             Ewald/LS/GDYN
>             04/24/2006 07:03          accessd at databaseadvisors.com
>             AM                                                         cc
>
>                                                                   Subject
>                                       Strange Access Behavior(Document
>                                       link: Thomas F Ewald)
>

> Hitting the New Object:AutoForm button when a table or query is selected
> creates the form, as always. However, it will not let me get out of it
> without saving. If I don't want to keep it, I have to save the dumb thing
> and then delete it. Could I have accidentally set something to do this?
Is