[AccessD] Saved Form will not release focus

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Thu Aug 17 09:56:20 CDT 2006

Hey All
This first occurred when I was updating an Access97 (mdb) application to
Access2000 on my WINXP machine, but is now occurring in a different
Access97 (mdb) application that I am updating in Access97 and which I
copied from my old Windows 98 machine onto another (different) WINXP
machine.
If I go into design mode and edit a form and then save it, when I come
back to the main database form I cannot use the scroll bar or select
another form to edit/work on. If I click on either it opens the previous
form I just saved. I have to basically select the query or report tab
and then the form tab to be able to scroll or select another form. I can
open forms in the design mode and simply close them and I am fine, no
sticking. I thought it was just something flaky with Access2000, but it
seems to have occurred on the Access97 (XP) application after I
decompiled it.
The old version does not have this problem.  I have followed all the
rules of decompling, creating a new MDB and coping over all components
and checking for viruses. The weird thing is if I copy the problem
Acess97 MDB to my WindowsNT machine it works fine no sticking.  Also all
my progress bars freeze after displaying 15 to 20 % of the total
progress, I now have to use DoEvents to enable them to display the
ongoing progress.

Is there something specific that I need to be aware of when working in
the WinXP environment???
Is there something I have unwittingly done or twittingly done, this has
got me baffled.
I also tried creating a new MDB and just copying only some of the forms
over to it, sticking still occurs.