[AccessD] XML Import - successful!!!!

Greg Smith gwsmith at iowatelecom.net
Tue Dec 5 11:46:30 CST 2006

Hi Gustav

Well, apparently if you use the word "KEY" within the import
code, which will also become a table name, things seem to go adrift. One
of the attributes is

The structure and syntax within the XML file is not under my control,
so I have to live with whatever they send me. And KEY is going to be in
there and I have to live with that, so I either modify the file on the fly
to change KEY to KEY1 or I have to find out why KEY itself won't work.

But it does work, so I've got a solution...just not the nice one yet...
:)

Greg

            From:
            "Gustav
Brock" <Gustav at cactus.dk>

Hi Greg

I guess not. How should you have know that?

So if certain words are present, an import will fail ... that sounds

strange to me.

What is the word, by the way?

/gustav

>>> gwsmith at iowatelecom.net 04-12-2006 20:54 >>>

.. I had another complication that was making it fail on example #4. One

of the elements in the xml that I was trying to export using, turns out to

be a reserved word in Access. Would not create an error, just wouldn't

import the data. DUH on me I guess.