[AccessD] XML Import - successful!!!!

Greg Smith gwsmith at iowatelecom.net
Tue Dec 5 13:19:39 CST 2006

Well part of the response, after "attributes is", has
vanished...let me try this again, Gustav...:

One of the elements is "<KEY", which must be, I'm
assuming, something reserved by Access or vb, of which there are 4
seperate instances, each one containing different data.  With the
search on "KEY", the table is created called "KEY",
but no data is populated in the table.  However, if I change the KEY
to KEY1 in the XML file, everything works just FINE.  I got
suspicious when all the other elements, GRANTOR, GRANTEE, etc, worked OK
but KEY did not...  Something about "KEY" does it, but I
didn't go any farther with that since I got it to work with KEY1.

Hi Gustav

Well, apparently if you use the word "KEY" within the import

code, which will also become a table name, things seem to go adrift. One

of the attributes is

The structure and syntax within the XML file is not under my control,

so I have to live with whatever they send me. And KEY is going to be in

there and I have to live with that, so I either modify the file on the fly

to change KEY to KEY1 or I have to find out why KEY itself won't work.

But it does work, so I've got a solution...just not the nice one yet...

:)

Greg

"Gustav

Brock" <Gustav at cactus.dk>

Hi Greg

I guess not. How should you have know that?

So if certain words are present, an import will fail ... that sounds

strange to me.

What is the word, by the way?

/gustav

>>> gwsmith at iowatelecom.net 04-12-2006 20:54 >>>

.. I had another complication that was making it fail on example #4. One

of the elements in the xml that I was trying to export using, turns out to

be a reserved word in Access. Would not create an error, just wouldn't

import the data. DUH on me I guess.

AccessD at databaseadvisors.com