[AccessD] Clipboard Warning Message

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 6 14:59:38 CST 2006

It is not always wise to clobber a users clipboard and the newer WinXP
clipboard
has multiple pages and clipboard pages can be shared across computers.
Given that caveat
Or see for better memory control

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=138909

' Place these API declarations at the top of your Form in the General
'Declarations area.
Private Declare Function OpenClipboard Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long)
As Long
Private Declare Function CloseClipboard Lib "user32" () As Long
Private Declare Function EmptyClipboard Lib "user32" () As Long

 Sub Clip()
On Error GoTo Err_cmdClip_Click
' Open, Empty and Close Clipboard
' No Clipboard API error handling
Call OpenClipboard(0&)
EmptyClipboard
CloseClipboard
MsgBox "ClipBoard Cleared!"
Exit_cmdClip_Click:
    Exit Sub
Err_cmdClip_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_cmdClip_Click
End Sub

To view the clipboard while working with this.

Sub clipview()
'http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q138/9/09.asp&NoWebContent=1
'http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q138/9/10.asp&NoWebContent=1
'for the ClipBoard viewer later.
'Acc How to Retrieve Information from the Clipboard (95/97)
'http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q138910
'Perhaps the simplest way is to use DoCmd.RunCommand acPaste,
'which pastes the clipboard contents into the active control

' See if ClipBoard viewer exists

'No , there 's no Clipboard object (unless it was added in A2002 and I
'haven 't noticed it yet).  Aside from the built-in RunCommand constants
'acCmdCopy, acCmdCut, acCmdPaste, acCmdPasteAppend, and
'acCmdPasteSpecial, if you want to manipulate the clipboard you can
'call the Clipboard API directly as demonstrated here:
'"RunCommand acCmdCopy" will copy selected text and "RunCommand
acCmdPaste" will paste it, both using
'the clipboard. Is this what you're looking for?

'    http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0049.htm
'mskb 138909

    If Len(Dir("C:\WINDOWS\system32\clipbrd.exe")) > 0 Then
        'Shell to open the Windows ClipBoard Viewer
        Shell "C:\WINDOWS\system32\clipbrd.exe", vbNormalFocus
    Else
        MsgBox "Image Copied to ClipBoard Successfully!", vbOKOnly,
"Copy To ClipBoard"
    End If
End Sub

--