[AccessD] Access 2000 Runtime Error (X-posted)

Jim DeMarco Jdemarco at hudsonhealthplan.org
Thu Feb 23 10:47:27 CST 2006

X-posted AccessD: dba-VB

Lists,

We inherited (and distribute) an Access 2K app that uses the Access runtime.  One of our user sites (not affiliated with our company) is having a problem running VB apps on machines where this app is installed.  Here's a copy of what I got from their IT resource:

<errorDescr>
"...happens when an application is started.
A window opens saying somthing like "Loading Access 2000 Runtime" and displaying a Windows progress bar.
Then a "File Not Found" message window opens. If you cancel out of the window, another "File Not Found" windows opens, etc..
If you cancel out of these windows about 3 or 4 times, the program will start.
</errorDescr>

They're using Jet 3.51 for "ADO and DAO data access" (quoting their IT resource).  Is anyone familiar with this?  I searched M$KB but didn't find anything.

TIA

Jim DeMarco
Director of Application Development
Hudson Health Plan

"This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information from Hudson Health Plan (HHP) that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately, either by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above or calling HHP at (914) 631-1611. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not forward this email to anyone, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank You".