[AccessD] Access 2000 Runtime Error (X-posted)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Feb 23 11:28:13 CST 2006

Hi Jim

Could it be the old VBE6.dll issue:

<snip>

Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304548

This is a typical error when you do not have O2k SR-3 and you have a 2002 or later app installed on the same machine.  The VBE6.DLL for 2002 breaks the 2000 Access executable.

Charlotte Foust

</snip>

>>> Jdemarco at hudsonhealthplan.org 23-02-2006 17:47:27 >>>
X-posted AccessD: dba-VB

Lists,

We inherited (and distribute) an Access 2K app that uses the Access runtime.  One of our user sites (not affiliated with our company) is having a problem running VB apps on machines where this app is installed.  Here's a copy of what I got from their IT resource:

<errorDescr>
"...happens when an application is started.
A window opens saying somthing like "Loading Access 2000 Runtime" and displaying a Windows progress bar.
Then a "File Not Found" message window opens. If you cancel out of the window, another "File Not Found" windows opens, etc..
If you cancel out of these windows about 3 or 4 times, the program will start.
</errorDescr>

They're using Jet 3.51 for "ADO and DAO data access" (quoting their IT resource).  Is anyone familiar with this?  I searched M$KB but didn't find anything.

TIA

Jim DeMarco
Director of Application Development
Hudson Health Plan