[AccessD] More Word/graphics OT

Jürgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:35:45 CST 2006

Jan 1 and all my new WMF logos were in place.  I wound up being able to
import a few pc EPS files converted from Mac format into Corel Draw 9 (they
are up to 12 now), delete a few redundant nodes (3 in a single line with the
same top cooridinate can be defined as well by 2), adjust the colors
(Pantone, RGB, CMYK or several other options) and then save as WMF format.
I now have logos varying in size from 6 to 12 K (6 to 26 character outlines,
each with a 'swoop' line) that I believe are mathematically correct and
scale flawlessly as replacement for the off color 2k files (10 character
max) segmented outlines I had before.

I had started with the Trace application and it worked extremely well in the
conversion.  After all, the logos are made up of a very simple block font
with just a few curves.  The trace of the letter M TIFF came up with 13
nodes (EPS file conversion had 14) for the 13 straight lines that made up
the outline.  Although I did not ultimately use the Trace feature, it was
head and shoulders easier to use than the PSP X that I tried.  I probably
spent 3 hours with the PSP X help before quitting.  I just dove in with the
Corel, traced two logos and cleaned them up and changed strategies to work
with the EPS format imported and created/modified/revised 6 logos start to
finish in less than the 3 hours I spent working with PSP.  I picked up a
reference book from the library for CorelDraw! but did not need to look up
anything to get this part of the project done.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta
jwelz at hotmail.com