[AccessD] Buttons in spreadsheets

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:40:17 CST 2006

On 06/01/06, John Colby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to "drag and drop" a control such a check box onto cells of
> a spreadsheet?  IOW, "bind" a checkbox to a cell?

AFAIK, you can't bind a checkbox to a cell, but you can write code to
handle when the user checks or unchecks it.

The checkboxes are on the Controls toolbar in Excel.

> If that can be done, can I do this programmatically?

Probably, but I can't say for sure.

> While we are at it, how do I cause a square area of the spreadsheet to be a
> named range?  I have never done this kind of stuff before and don't want to
> spend time figuring it out if someone has done it before.

Select the range of cells that you want to name. Select Insert | Name

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"