[AccessD] Development Cycle BE Question

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Tue Jan 17 00:01:19 CST 2006

There's no substitute for working with the client's own data.  For
development or enhancement of existing apps.

But if you need to make changes to the structure of the data then you
have a coordination problem.

I find the best way is to write a small app that makes those
transformations to the back end database.  Then, as the client updates
you with their latest data you can transform the old database to the new
one.  And at the end, when you send them the new app, you can send them
the transformation app as well so they can run it on their data.  It
also has the side effect of consolidating all of your back end changes
in one place.

Hope that makes sense.  It's late.

Rocky