[AccessD] Quotation Database structure question

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Mon Jul 24 08:21:41 CDT 2006

I'd start with the outputs.  Ask them to dummy up reports or look at the
spreadsheets they're currently using to organize and use the
information.  The problem is one of categories, because apparently they
want to extract (filter) and/or sort on different material
characteristics.  The output defines the data.

Given that chances are that they don't really know or haven't analyzed,
or don't want to put in the design time analyzing exactly how they want
the information organized, I'd also design this app with several user
defined fields which populate combo boxes and which combo boxes have Not
In List procedures so they can do some of their own organizing and build
their own characteristic lists - give them kind of an open framework.

Rocky

--
Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software