[AccessD] A2203: relaying mail to someserver.com.au is not allowed

Darren DICK darrend at nimble.com.au
Fri Jun 16 00:52:59 CDT 2006

Hi All

I am using some code I poached from this list (From Marty Connelly - actually)
to send email via CDO (Code below)
I am puzzled though - It is for a mail out of about 20 or 30 pdf files
Not enough to trigger an email spam response I would have thought from the host
mail server - Anyway...
I send a whole swag of test ones using the real persons
firstname at tripledee.com.au (I have a catch all for email to tripledee so I get
'em all)

Cool - it worked wonderfully well and I did get 'em all with the sequential
attachments - excellent - very excited
I hade the code looping through a recordset of 27 records and had it putting the
!FirstName and the !EmailAddress into the
necessary fields - looping beautifully - excellent

- but that's it - One recordset loop only it seems - it now refuses to work
again - though I have made it work once (since) only sending a single email as
per the code below but now it continues to fail

the error I am getting is...

Err.Number = -2147220977
Err.Description = The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The
server response was: 550 relaying mail to tripledee.com.au is not allowed

But I did send 27 of 'em with attachments to tripledee.com.au this morning? -
What gives?

So...Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance

Darren

Sub SendCDO()
' This example use late binding of CDOSys, you don't have to set a Reference
' You must be online to net when you run the sub
' You must be running WinXP or Win2000

    Dim cdoMessage As Object
    Dim objCDOMail As Object
    Dim strschema As String

    On Error GoTo ErrorHandler ' Enable error-handling routine.

    Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set objCDOMail = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    strschema = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    objCDOMail.Load -1

    DoCmd.Hourglass True

    With objCDOMail.Fields
        .Item(strschema & "sendusing") = 2
        .Item(strschema & "smtpserver") = "mail.bigpond.com"
        .Item(strschema & "smtpserverport") = 25
        .Update
    End With

    With cdoMessage
        Set .Configuration = objCDOMail
        .to = d.dick at tripledee.com.au
        .From = "Some Dude <SomeWayCoolDude at someCoolServer.com>
        .CC = ""
        .BCC = ""
        .Subject = "Testing testing 1...2...3..."
        .TextBody = "Is Anybody there? Hello Hello...."
        .AddAttachment "C:\10009.pdf"
        .send
    End With

    DoCmd.Hourglass False

    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set objCDOMail = Nothing

    Exit Sub

ErrorHandler:
    DoCmd.Hourglass False
    Debug.Print Err.Number & "-" & Err.Description
    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set objCDOMail = Nothing

    Exit Sub

End Sub