[AccessD] Gaining Exclusive Access

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:26:19 CDT 2006

Thomas,

I did something similar a few years back...with a timer on the forms
used...the form periodically (I used 5 minutes)checked the value in a
table...if the value had changed (something I changed) it would open a
form(didn't use msgBox because I couldn't count time on those) that warned
the user they were about to be kicked out in a certain amount of time...if
they DIDN"T respond to the message in a certain time...they were booted...if
they DID respond but didn't close...they were booted at the time.

Sorry I don't have an example to send.  Also, I had to check that value when
the db opened...so they couldn't close and reopen.

Hope that helps,

Mark A. Matte