[AccessD] Microsoft Access Cannot Open This File

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Jun 8 18:39:47 CDT 2006

Bill Patten answered this last year:

I added this snippet to my TechInfo database, the full article is on
page 77. Only applies to XP2 SP2, and if you haven't run into it send
your self a small mdb and drag it from your email to your desk top, the
try to open it. I have been opening them in Access 2003 and saving them
back, but this is a better solution I think.

Alive and well in Henderson

Bill

9/17/2005 From PC Mag Sept 2005 "Can't open file because file is located
outside of your intranet ....."

XP SP2 marks files as having come from a non secure site, in most cases
right clicking on the file and selecting properties, if the secure flag
is set, you will see a button labeled unblock at the bottom of the page,
click this and you should be home.

Sometimes this option may not work, saving the file to a non ntfs format
and then copying it back may also fix the problem.

Note: the Unblock button does not appear on a file that is not marked.

Key Words

MDB (or file) Located outside of your internet .....Cannot open

Charlotte