[AccessD] Electronic Signature

Julie Reardon-Taylor prosoft6 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 10:41:17 CDT 2006

Hi Gustav,

I'm going to try the vb.net digital signatures.  We provide tech support to
businesses who don't have an IT department as well as software development.

Have thought about going web  based for the "work tickets" when a client is
havng trouble with a support issue, and needs us to come over to their
business and assist them.  I know that there are plenty of those out there
for implementation.

However, we really wanted to use our own software to tie into their system
so that everyone has the same copy of the signed "work ticket" to match up
to our invoicing as well as our invoicing, without the exchange of hard
copy.

Not sure that certificates are what we want to use.   I need the "work
ticket" signed by the person who is having the work done, to verify that my
employees had indeed performed the work in a satisfactory manner, and also
to veryify the date that the work started and the work was completed for
billing purposes.  This cuts down on the questions when a client is invoiced
for the work.

The only thing that I can think to do is to capture the work ticket that was
e-mailed to me, put it on the pda, when the work is complete, have the
employee and the user sign the work ticket on the pda, send an electronic
copy to their server, and one to my server.

It still seems like a lot of paperwork.  I'm thinking about just connectiing
to the backend database and storing the signautures there.   Will let you
know what I come up with.

I hate paperwork!

Julie Reardon-Taylor
PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.