[AccessD] email from outlook

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jun 18 20:14:15 CDT 2006

On 18 Jun 2006 at 20:08, JWColby wrote:

> I know this has gone around many times and I hang my head in shame to
> even ask again, but is there a "no brainer, no nonsense" way to send
> email from VBA code, that will just work, without needing to have any
> specific email client installed.

It depends.

Do you want it to send through an email client?
That gives you the opportunity to save a proper "Copy To Self" or "Sent Mail" copy for
reference purposes. It also allows you to have an option to "Edit before sending" if the email
is createdby a user  rather than an automated process.  It also sometimes requires the email
client to be already running on the clinet machine (especially if the client is Outlook and you
have multiple profiles set up.

Do you  want it sent  direct to an SMTP Server?
This doesn't work if the you are on a corporate LAN where users only have email access
through something like Exchnage Server with no SMTP module active.

What is your actualy requirement?