[AccessD] vba sql connection question

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 22 18:15:59 CDT 2006

Just use ADO to read table or view with a connection string that looks
like this

oConn.Open "Provider=sqloledb;" & _
           "Network Library=DBMSSOCN;" & _
           "Data Source=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,1433;" & _
           "Initial Catalog=myDatabaseName;" & _
           "User ID=myUsername;" & _
           "Password=myPassword"

For further info look here through links
To connect to SQL Server running on a remote computer (via an IP address)
http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=87#OLEDBProviderForSQLServer

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.