[AccessD] Question re new install of Office 2003 pro

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Tue Jun 27 12:32:56 CDT 2006

Group,

I recently upgraded to a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro, and Office
2003 Pro.  All is good except that when I open Excell or the Access Visual
Basic Editor a dialog appears to try and install some file from the Dell
utility installation disk.  I should add that I purchased the computer bare
since we subscribe to the Empower program and have the operating systems and
office software.

I went through the put the Dell utility disk in once and it did something,
but the next time I opened Excel or the VBE the dialog appeared again.  If I
cancel the dialog Excel, or the VBE opens with no problem.

I looked on the MS Knowledge base and there is a description of a similar
problem with the dialog asking for the office install disk.  The resolution
was to make some registry changes.  I am wondering if anyone else has had
this problem and if there is a better way to fix it than hacking the
registry.

Thanks in advance

Doug