[AccessD] Would you buy

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Mon Jun 26 08:07:30 CDT 2006

John,

Questions back to you...

1.  Is it totally Access based?  Which version?  ADP or MDB?

2.  What DB backend?

Answers...

1.  Maybe.  Why not publish as an eBook from your website and not go to the
expense of hard copy publishing?  I would be more likely to spend $25 on that
than on a discounted hard copy from Bookpool or Amazon.

2.  Highest.

3.  Against:  Moving more toward a browser interface and ASP.Net 2.0.
    For:  For those few Access projects I would like to make them more
          efficient.

4.  Personally, I always use bound forms, but I have a friend that never uses
bound.  So, I would say it should cover both.

5.  A few years ago I started a framework application.  It included the
database, forms, and code designed to cover 80% of most applications that I
developed with Access.  What I designed was fast and efficient, simple to add
to, and to change.  I would like to see an 80% project framework out of it.
Something that when completed, the developer could understand what he did at
each step in building it.  He could extend it easily to cover the other 20%
that specific projects demanded.  And, raise the level of expertise in the
Access developer community in general.  We still need to build a wider gap
between the "professional" developers and those that claim to be.

Robert L. Stewart
The Dyson Group International
Software for the Non-profit Enterprise
Expanding your Sphere of Knowledge